10.13.2005

Meira af myspace blogginu mínu...nenni ekki að þýða:

It's quite obvious that I'm no virgin...I mean I have a two year old daughter. But still I believe in no sex before marriage. Some of my friends have a hard time understanding my determination not to have sex until I get married, since obviously it's too late. Well, that's what they think. In my opinion it isn't.

I grew up in a community where it's not considered such a big deal to have sex when you are a teenager. The average age to lose virginity in Iceland is around 15 years. Although I was raised as a Lutheran, my family was never religious. I had some notion that according to 'some' faith people were not supposed to have sex until they got married. I never really thougt about it. I just went with the flow, and did what everyone else was doing (although I started a bit earlier).

Almost four years ago I declared myself as a Bahá'í. I was introduced to the faith few years earlier but declared when I felt ready. I just woke up one day and decided that I should declare, even though I did not understand all the rules and regulations. For me it was enough to believe in Bahá'u'lláh. In those four years as a Bahá'í I've gained deeper and fuller understanding of the scriptures. Finally I understand fully why we are not supposed to have sex until after we get married (if anyone wants to know my opinion, just ask).

That means, from the day I realized and understood this rule and until I get married, I won't be having sex (that includes heavy petting!!). It's that simple.

Conclusion: It's never too late to start to live up to the standards we are supposed to live up to.

0 Comments:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home

                                                                         |
                                                                                                                                    Ocean, a Free Software Library of the World's Religious Literature