12.13.2005

I've been listening to his CD, Back to Bedlam over and over and I know it back and forth by now. I have favorites that change from day to day, right now my favorite is So Long Jimmy. The last one, No Bravery, is also a favorite of mine, it's impossible to listen to it without crying.

The first one that I heard is the bittersweet You're Beautiful. I fell in love with it from the beginning. I rediscovered it when I got the CD (a housewarming present from my roomie, yay, thanks Helga )

I read a lot of things into the lyrics. The contrast is so beautiful, and the emotions too... You have this junkie that falls in love with a girl he sees just once. Things are so simple, his feelings are strong and pure, his life is brilliant, his love is pure and she’s an angel, no less. He has high hopes, he’s got a plan...but in the chorus he realizes that they will never be together. Deep down he knows that being a junkie, he’s not going anywhere or doing anything great, and he will never get her (let alone probably never going to see her again, but that’s besides the point).

This just got me thinking about people who live like that...drug addicts I mean. Such great contrasts, everything is either black or white. Love or Hate. Angel or Demon. My life is brilliant vs. Being fucking high.

I wonder if people who tend to see their lives as more black and white tend to be more likely to become addicts..in any way...or if the lifestyle (of an addict) makes you see things that way. I don’t want to sound too arrogant here, like I know everything...I don’t know anyone who’s a junkie...but I hope that there is at least something right in what I’ve been trying to express here.

???



James Blunt - You're Beautiful Lyrics

My life is brilliant.

My love is pure.

I saw an angel.

Of that I'm sure.

She smiled at me on the subway.

She was with another man.

But I won't lose no sleep on that,

'Cause I've got a plan.



You're beautiful. You're beautiful.

You're beautiful, it's true.

I saw you face in a crowded place,

And I don't know what to do,

'Cause I'll never be with you.



Yeah, she caught my eye,

As we walked on by.

She could see from my face that I was,

F**king high,

And I don't think that I'll see her again,

But we shared a moment that will last till the end.



You're beautiful. You're beautiful.

You're beautiful, it's true.

I saw you face in a crowded place,

And I don't know what to do,

'Cause I'll never be with you.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.

You're beautiful, it's true.

There must be an angel with a smile on her face,

When she thought up that I should be with you.

But it's time to face the truth,

I will never be with you.

0 Comments:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home

                                                                         |
                                                                                                                                    Ocean, a Free Software Library of the World's Religious Literature